I found this Awesome Recipe from this blog – Joy Food Sunshine. There’re detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures on her website (link here) so I’m not gonna steal her work 🙂 Also her pictures are so beautiful! Check out her page!
I didn’t have Hoisin Sauce on hand so I substituted that with Oyster Suace. I also added some bird’s eye chili pepper for a nice kick.
Here’s a snapshot of her recipe:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 TBS peanut oil
- ½ onion minced
- 1 cup red or green pepper diced
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts drained and minced
For the Sauce:
- 3 TBS soy sauce*
- 3 TBS hoisin sauce
- 1 TBS sesame oil
- 1 TBS rice vinegar
- 1 TBS peanut butter
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ cup peanuts crushed.
- Lettuce or your favorite Asian salad
- Whisk together sauce ingredients until well combined. If you use a firmer peanut butter you may need to microwave the mixture for 30-60 seconds in order to melt it and ensure everything is well-mixed.
- Heat 2 TBS peanut oil in a frying pan. Once hot, add ground chicken.
- Cook until some pieces are starting to brown. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is becoming translucent.
- Add the peppers and water chestnuts and cook about 5 minutes or until peppers are becoming soft.
- Add sauce and simmer on low heat until the chicken and veggies are evenly coated and everything is heated through.
- Serve in lettuce leaves, on top of your favorite Asian salad, or over noodles or rice!