This granola mix is my latest concoction – it’s packed with fibre, antioxidants, protein and Omegas 3 & 6. And it only takes under 20 mins to make from start to finish!
Makes about 2 cups granola mix. Prep time 5 minutes – cook time 12-14 mins.
- 3/4 Cup Rolled Oats (I used gluten-free)
- 1/4 Cup Hemp Hearts
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flakes, Unsweetened
- 1/4 Cup Nuts, Coarsely Chopped (Optional – I used pistachio & cashew!)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/4 Cup Goji Berries or Other Dried Fruits (I mixed in some raisin to make it slightly sweeter)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix rolled oats, hemp hearts, coconut flakes, chopped nuts, cinnamon and sea salt in a bowl.
- Add maple syrup and melted coconut oil to the bowl and mix well until all dried ingredients are evenly coated. The mixture should be crumbly, shinny and slightly wet.
- Evenly spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 12-14 mins, stirring halfway.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack before adding the goji berries or other dried fruits.
- Make sure the mixture is completely cooled before transferring to an air-tight container.
- Serve with your favourite yogurt – I used coconut yogurt (dairy-free) this time – so good!
A cup of plain coconut yogurt topped with half a cup of this granola mix is the perfect breakfast for me when I don’t feel like a heavy breakfast but still want some superfood to keep me going until lunch.
Here’s an estimate of the nutritionals: