Summer means an abundance of vibrant, nutritious vegetables – zucchinis, Swiss chards, tomatoes, lettuce, herbs… Isn’t it a wonderful time?! While I don’t have a veggie garden (#goals!), I get these beautiful farm fresh veggies from Little Bee Farmer’s Market delivered to my doorstep almost every week! It’s a great way to support local and at the same time feed your family nutritious food.
Here’s a recipe for a super quick summery dish, perfect on its own, as a side dish, or to serve with jasmine rice (or cauliflower rice or quinoa for low carb options)!
Prep time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 10 minutes.
- 2-3 large leaves of Swiss chard, roughly chopped
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds (I used a mixture of green & yellow zucchinis to add more colors, because why not?)
- 1 stalk scallion (green onion), thinly sliced (optional)
- 2-3 tsp yellow curry powder*
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- splash of fresh lime juice (from about 1/4 of a lime)
- zest of half a lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat a large saute pan on medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Gently sweat the scallion until slightly softened and add the yellow curry powder. Be careful not to burn the curry powder!
- Add the sliced zucchini to the pan and saute for about a minute.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a boil before adding the Swiss chard.
- Squeeze lime juice to the mixture and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add fresh lime zest to the mixture right before serving!
*If you don’t have a store-bought curry powder, here’s a good recipe to make your own blend! https://eatingvibrantly.com/recipes/homemade-mild-curry-powder/. The key to the blend is to have turmeric to give it that vibrant yellow color which is also super healing for the gut (natural anti-inflammatory)!
This recipe is modified from https://klesicks.com/curried-zucchini-and-swiss-chard/
Look at all those colors! Colors = antioxidants!