This banana bread is super soft & moist with deep banana flavour! The texture and flavour is so close to regular banana bread which is typically made with wheat flour and white sugar. It’s free of grains, dairy, and refined sugar. And it’s also a one-bowl recipe…gotta love that! – it’s a keeper!
Recipe adapted from Downshiftology
- 1 1/4 cup mashed bananas (about 2 large or 3 medium bananas. If you have extra, safe as garnish on top, if you don’t have enough, replace with applesauce).
- 2 cups superfine almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour / starch (or arrowroot flour/ starch)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, avocado oil, or other butter substitutes, melted (56g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until the batter is free of lumps.
- Optional: add inclusions into the batter or sprinkle on top as garnish (finely chopped pitted dates, vegan chocolate chip, toasted & shredded coconuts, roasted nuts, etc)
- Pour batter in a lightly greased loaf pan lined with parchment paper, bake at 350F for 55-60 mins, rotating the pan halfway to ensure an even bake
- Remove from oven and let rest in the loaf pan on a cooling rack until cooled and enjoy!