Sharing a super versatile one-bowl recipe I found and adapted from The Almond Eater. There’re so many options for substitutions – any nut or seed butter, plant-based milk and sweeteners of all sorts would work!
Recipe makes 12 standard oatmeal cup “muffins”
- 1 ripe banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup – applesauce would work as well!)
- 1/4 cup tahini or any nut or seed butter (see notes below if using sweetened varieties)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or 1/4 cup coconut sugar plus 1.5 tbsp more plant-based milk)
- 1 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten free if desired)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Note: if the nut or seed butter you use is sweetened, use 1/2 cup sweetened nut or seed butter plus 2 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar instead. I used the Parallel Brothers’ Chocolate Sesame Spread. It’s so yummy!
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients together first before adding in the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Prepare a non-stick muffin tin by applying a light spray of cooking spray (you may omit this step if using a silicon muffin tray)
- Use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. Let cool in the tray for at least 20 mins before removing the oatmeal cups from the tray. Enjoy!